“We believe that every woman has within her the power to call upon her natural instincts to bring about the best possible birthing for her baby and herself.”
~ Marie Mongan; Founder of The HypnoBirthing® Institute
The way that you choose to birth your baby into this beautiful world is such an important decision. Making an informed decision about how, when and where to birth your baby can make all the difference in you and your baby’s birthing experience.
Creating Your Calm provided such a valuable experience for us in our journey in inviting the most precious little being into this world. The course has met and even exceeded our expectations far beyond imaginable. Liz, the instructor, was such a pleasure to be around. She made my husband and I believe in ourselves from the very first class and reinforced that belief during each session. While starting out very skeptical about the course and the birthing experience in general, my husband became very supportive and understanding by the end of the course. HypnoBirthing and Creating Your Calm have changed our relationship and our lives forever adding so much deep meaning and love for each other and for our baby. ~ Tastiana, 2012
From 2005 to 2010
Only 23% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthing vaginally had epidural anesthesia, compared to the national average of 71%
17% of US HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed via C-Section, compared the national average of 32%
9.5% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in the comfort of their homes. The national average is less than 1%
6% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in freestanding birth centers. The national average is less than 1%
Starting your baby’s life with a calm, loving approach to pregnancy and birth through HypnoBirthing® is such a beautiful gift.
With HypnoBirthing® you will gain an understanding of how the birthing muscles work in perfect harmony (as they were designed to) when your body is sufficiently relaxed and you trust birth. You will learn how to achieve this kind of relaxation, free of the resistance that fear creates, and you will learn to use your natural birthing instincts for a calm, serene and comfortable birth.
Awake throughout the birthing process, you will be aware of your body’s surges and your baby’s progress. You will have trained yourself to reach complete relaxation, allowing you to determine the degree and the manner in which you will feel the surges. You will experience birthing in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear that prevents the muscles of your body from functioning as nature intended them to. In this calm state, your body’s natural relaxant, endorphins, replaces the stress hormones that constrict and cause pain.
Here are a few advantages of a HypnoBirthing® childbirth education course
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens the first phase of labor
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing